I had to share this first time experience with you all.
I have been lucky this year. Danielle gets on the school bus at 6:30am which puts me at work at 7am. This means I am usually off by 4pm and running the track by 4:15pm. So I haven't had to run in the dark much. Tonight I was not so lucky. I did not begin my run until 4:45pm, so it got dark enough for the track lights to come on during my run. One more thing I must explain. No matter how hard I try to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth I cannot do this while I run. I breathe in through the mouth and out through the mouth.
So I was running on the track tonight, just about to complete mile 3 and start mile 4 when it happened. A bug went in through my mouth with that breath. All the way in and to the tonsils at least. Way in! I am still running. I feel it in the back of my throat WIGGLING. As I see it I had two choices, stop and try to throw up or drink some water and try to make it go down. I chose the later. I took several more sips through the rest of my run to try and make sure it was flushed. The bug mile was still my second fastest mile tonight. Yet another reason to carry water on every run.
PSA- Beware of bugs if you breathe in through your mouth when you run!
The week before a big event your mind and body do some strange things. First your body begins to ache all over. Second you are an emotional nightmare of emotions and completely irrational. Third your mind is an uncontrollable barrage of must do this, must get this, do not forget this which is why the kitchen sink ends up being part of your luggage. Travel day finally arrives! Hopefully you have a huge vehicle because the kitchen sink is going in. Your mind has played out every possible "what if" scenario resulting in at least 3 bags of items being packed. The night before.... Now you would think you would like to get a great nights sleep on this night but it is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Hopefully you have had some sleep the week before because you will lie in bed miserable tossing and turning all night and may even have some very interesting or terrifying dreams. This particular race my dream was that we were being chased by a human size chicken during the race...
Comments
Post a Comment